Sleeping Accommodation Fire Safety

Fire Safety and Fire Risk Assessments in Sleeping Accommodation in Cornwall and throughout the UK

Fire Safety experts for rented sleeping accommodation in Cornwall and throughout the UKCornwall has a thriving holiday industry that is supported by Chough Fire Safety.

Our clients include bed and breakfasts, guest houses, inns, restaurants with rooms, and farmhouses; self catering accommodation (individual and multiple units), chalets, caravan holiday parks, holiday villages, serviced apartments and hostels.

Fire Safety experts for Student Accommodation in Cornwall and throughout the UK

Education Sector
We provide services to student halls of residence boarding schools and student accommodation providers.

Flats & Maisonettes
Chough Fire Safety regularly assesses common areas of flats and maisonettes, the common areas of houses in multiple occupation (HMO) and also assist tenants with their fire safety concerns.

Fire Safety experts for flats, apartments and rented properties in Cornwall and throughout the UKHotels
We provide fire risk assessment and fire risk management solutions to national and international hotel groups.

Fire Safety experts for Hotels and guest accommodation in Cornwall and throughout the UK

Cornwall Residential Landlords Association logo
Sleeping accommodation is provided in many shapes and sizes and guidance on how to manage the fire risk varies as well.

Jeff Hick is a former Fire and Rescue Service enforcing officer and is now safety consultant to Cornwall Residential Landlords’ Association.

Contact Jeff to ensure that the right guidance is applied to your property.
Jeff Hick07815 854691
Fire Safety Director
Chough Fire Safety Associates Ltd.


Penhallow Hotel Fire, Newquay 2007

Penhallow hotel fire in Cornwall 2007Three people died as a result of the blaze at the Penhallow Hotel in Newquay in 2007. The fire at Newquay’s Penhallow Hotel was described by firefighters as the worst British hotel fire in 40 years.

The blaze ravaged the hotel, killing three people, on 18 August 2007. The owners of the hotel have been fined £80,000 and ordered to pay £62,000 costs for failing to meet fire safety standards.